Friday, August 19, 2005

Part I Baby blanket complete


I have worked the majority of the evening on finishing Part I of the baby blanket for a friend's grandchild. It comes from this book - Knit Along with Debbie Macomber - the next section is a border around the edge of the blanket - it is a cast on of 11 stitches and will be at least 10 feet long before completing to go completely around the blanket.
About the time I got finished with this was when I was just getting comfortable with the flow of the pattern. I have already found some "mistakes" which will verify that a real live person made it and not some machine.
It's a nice acrylic yarn (nice and acrylic are not oxymorons) - from Walmart - Bernat. Used size 7 needles (I think - will have to check again to be really sure) on a sport baby yarn.
The border is feeling a bit like a monkey on my back. I am hoping it will work up quickly since it is so narrow.
Laura is home for the evening and off to a wedding in Apalachicola tomorrow. I again will be carless since her car is getting fixed, again, and she needs to borrow the gas car. She bought a stunning black dress that she got for 75% off - she is her mother's daughter.

No comments: