Monday, August 01, 2005

Elephant dishcloth tickling the ivories

Well, interestingly enough the KAL on the dishcloth email list I am on knitted an elephant dishcloth. It traveled with me to practice the organ - since I was playing for our congregation as a sub. Here it is:

Interestingly, the keys on this organ are actually ivory, which is one of the last set that the organ company had prior to changing to synthetic keys. I thought it apropro for the elephant to visit the organ and a bit ironic of this being the KAL for the week I was playing.

Sampler shawl update - I have finished all but the blocking and sewing in the yarn ends into the shawl - it is very long and I am guessing that I will need at least a king sized bed to block it. Pictures forthcoming!

Today was also the return of teachers to the school system. Since I am one of them, I, too, was back at school. A long faculty meeting this morning - tomorrow will be more meetings. More than likely knitting would be a frowned upon activity, mixing work with pleasure. Oh well. . . any teacher knitters out there?? I am welcoming myself back to the real world!

No comments: