Friday, July 15, 2005

A little heat relief

When it gets hot enough here, the only relief we seem to get is to get a rain. However, there is a flip side to that coin, because mugginess sets in and the air gets so thick you can cut with a knife. This afternoon, the bottom let out and the rain set in for a couple of hours. So we have some relief from the oppressive heat, but the mugginess is with us.

The Knit Along from the Dish Cloth email group I belong to had days 2 and 3 posted, so I have 2 pictures - one of Day 2 and one of Day 3


Day 2
*********************

Day 3
***********************
Ok folks on the KAL, does your Day 2 and 3 look like that? Also notice the needle on day 2 - the bottom got a little chewed up by one of my furry friends in the house. No one is fessin' up either.
My only thoughts on the dishcloth is that I think I would add a garter stitch around the bottom and sides.
*********************************
The fennel in my backyard is now full of eggs and caterpillars, so it won't be long before the fennel is gone. Once they find it - whoosh! My milkweed has yet to be discovered by the monarchs and looks like aphids have had a feast day - no Monarch caterpillars that I can see.
Here are some black swallowtail "cats" and an egg.



No comments: