Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Knitting - musings

Thank you to all that posted to me and assisted me in fixing the yarn over - job completed and moving on - to the second pattern in the sampler shawl from Folk Shawls. The second pattern is a 6 stitch repeat +1 and each row is different, so once you think you have memorized it, you get another pattern -- a little sadistic if you ask me.

Today I get an email from my friend Ellen and she went on this trip to Washington, D.C. and Virginia - do you think she showed me their signtseeing pictures? Nooooo, she did what any proper knitter would do - she took a picture of her new findings -

Now I know that Ellen is no "harlot" but she couldn't resist to show me her sock she has completed - she is 1/2 pair of socks ahead of me in the sock knitting department and I bet this sock traveled all different places, but here it rests in a chair.


Well, this blogging entry has transpired over several sittings and I have since completed another row of the sampler shawl. I knew from the beginning of the row something was wrong, but kept on going thinking that if I knitted long enough it would correct itself (now that is logical thinking isn't it!!!! ) Well, lo and behold, it is just as messed up at the end as it was at the beginning, so I get to tink for my transgressions. I stumbled...and tumbled... I will post on its progress tomorrow and post a photo of my progress...or regress, whichever the case may be.

No comments: