8 lbs 5 oz. 21 1/2 inches long.
2 weeks longer in the oven than the average bambino.
and....that was 21 years ago..hard to believe.
(Note her ballet picture - we paid for over a month a ballet lessons before she would actually put her toe out on the dance floor when she was about five years old - she still is that cautious with things that are new.)
Laura Catherine - some facts about her that you may or may not know:
- She was so quiet in utero, I was convinced she had no legs
- She was a quiet baby
- She didn't start crawling until 9 1/2 months of age
- She could entertain herself with baby dolls for hours and hold conversation with them as though there were other people in the room
- She still doesn't understand why her little or older sister doesn't/didin't play with dolls like she did
- She still has her baby dolls
- She wanted to be a princess when she was small
- Still wants to be one too
- She has the most fair skin and blue eyes - I believe she could make a good Snow White
- She has quite the stubborn streak (got a bad "grade" her first 6 weeks of PE in kindergarten -- for lack of participation -- she didn't want to go running around in a gym -- she wanted to play with her dolls)
- She made an "A" in organic chemistry this summer
- She loves buying children's clothes
- She thinks she needs braces (look at those gorgeous teeth in the picture above)
- She hates spaghetti (something is wrong with her)
- She likes pizza (does this make sense?)
- She is allergic to shrimp (poor thing)
- She has a cat named Zoe that is a male (for now she does...living with us.. not her)
- She knows alot of "The Sound of Music" by memory
- She can create and sew a dress without a pattern
- Her brother and sister call her "Lord-o"
- She used to have a bed time ritual of giving me the number of kisses that she was old (she doesn't remember this, but I do - it stopped at around the age of 7 or so....)
- I miss those good night times.
She comes home on her birthday and we get to celebrate this weekend! Happy Birthday Laura!
Please leave a Happy Birthday comment in the comment section - I know she is reading my blog so I can't tell you EVERYTHING and I am a bit sentimental and soppy at the moment.
Happy Birthday Laura.