Thursday, May 12, 2005

Musings

I realized I haven't posted in three days, and if I want to be doing this on a regular basis, I need to try to keep this up and current. The end of the school year is filled to the gills with paperwork and the stack on my desk is looking ominous (as in it is going to tip over and spill all over the place) .
On top of it I have a sore big toe, from an ingrown nail and being stepped on so many times by my preschoolers, that I don't believe the toenail is going to survive. It's a toss up - wear closed shoes and make my toe sore that way, or wear my Birks which provide the room it needs to breathe, but risk getting stepped on by little ones. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. . . . .

I have been knitting prayer shawls and one for an upcoming baby in the church - I made one and I am not happy with its size, so I am starting again. I will save this one for a preemie.

Now to my nemesis.....I have begun a Faroese shawl - I have ripped it out over 5 times - it shouldn't be that difficult to do, but I keep on messing up and having more stitches than I need. I know once I get to a certain point, it will be easy, but it is giving me a run for my money. Pictures forthcoming. I got the pattern from a back issue of Cast on Magazine (Spring 2004 I think). I am using Homespun by Lion brand as it calls for and size 13 needles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy -- Couldn't see an "E-mail me" button, but had to tell you that your sweet tea comment on Harlot's site is the smartest diagnostic for southerness I've ever seen. (My father was from Georgia and my brother maried a South Carolina girl and lives in Greer, so I'm qualified to approve.) Grits are not a bad second choice, though I've seen them on menus as far north as Richmond, Indiana. But sweet tea as the norm is utterly and absolutely and exclusively southern. Good job. - Susan Ramsey (rams)