Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day Meme???


RevGal Friday Five: Snow Day
The traditional Friday Meme really leaves me out, but I will give it the good ol' college try.

1) Snow: love it or hate it? How would I know? I have never been in it and experienced it.

2) First snow memory - sometime in the 90s we had a dusting of snow that lasted about 2 hours - not enough to make anything.

3) Best Snow Day ever (actual or imagined) I would like to fly with The Snowman in the video "The Snowman" based on the book by Raymond Briggs (wordless book - wordless movie) - otherwise never had a snow day yet. If you have never seen this video, it is by far my favorite Christmas video for children - and the kids love it too.

4) Best use of snow in a movie, song, book or poem - Our vocal group sang a piece last year - Snow by Morning by Joshua Shank - great piece - young composer that does awesome work

5) What you are planning to do today, with or without snow - worked, assessing children for my classroom - then came home, knitted a little, took a nap, and baked a casserole for our meeting with Daughters of the King.

Wonder when I will ever see snow or make a snowball or snow man....

1 comment:

Running2Ks said...

I am just in awe that you haven't seen snow.

But I'll tell you, it was hilarious when I spent 6 years in Florida and when I first saw snow AGAIN, I got so excited, I grabbed a camera and ran out barefoot.

Tip 1: don't go barefoot.