Friday, December 23, 2005

RevGalPal Christmas Music MEME

1) If you had to choose CDs as a soundtrack for the Christmas season, what would they be?
I love John Rutter's Christmas Music
Wolcum Yule by Anonymous 4

2) How do you feel about singing all the verses of "The First Noel?" (Six in our hymnal, but apparently there are nine.)

Well, even though I think some hymns go on and on - I do know that not singing all of the verses is like not reading all of the verses of a poem. Not quite fair to the writer of the prayer, if you consider a hymn a prayer.

3) "O, Come All Ye Faithful" has a lot of verses, too. Which is your favorite?
Yea, Lord We Greet Thee, On this happy morning ( Cyberhymnal web site was down so couldn't get to the page.

4) What music do you play while opening presents?
I try to put some nice music on from our National Public Radio - not many give too much of a rip of the music in the background except me. I probably get in a snit worse about this than anything around Christmas time.

5) Which carols do you consider to be Christmas Eve essentials?
Angels We have Heard on High
O Come All Ye Faithful
In the Bleak Midwinter
So much Christmas music for so little time......

and a Bonus Question:6) What, if any, is your favorite secular Christmas song?
I'll Be Home for Christmas - I love the tune.. I love the words...

No comments: