Friday, November 18, 2005

Kid Lit Meme

RevGalPals throws out another meme to us - and I think I will tag some folks on this one.
  • Earliest book you remember (read to you or by you) I know my parents must have read to me, but I don't remember it. I remember as a child looking a books on factual information - rocks, birds, etc. I remember distinctly 1st grade readers also. First book in school I remember being read to me was in 3rd grade - The Lion's Paw by Robb White. I loved that book. It's out of print and is about orphans confiscating (stealing?) a boat and navigating around Florida in search of a shell. Does anyone remember this book? Do you have a copy of it?
  • I would be remiss if I did not mention that my 3rd grade Sunday School teacher read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (Interesting how both these books have the word "Lion" in the title.
  • Picture Book you would like to climb into - The Mitten by Jan Brett - all you knitters out there - this is a knit alert! Knitter in book!
  • Favorite series of books (then or now) - The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
  • Character you would most like to meet
  • Last childhood book you re-read (for yourself or to someone) - not a fair question to a preschool teacher. I read children's books all of the time. However, last book I read for ME that was a children's book was Because of Winn Dixie AND Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo - if you have not read any of her books, they are quite good and I recommend them. The latter of the two won the Newbery Medal.

Hmmm, I think I will tag these folks - Norma, Jess, Ellen, Naomi, and Stephanie.

Let the memeing (ooh is there such a word?)

2 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Hey, and the Mitten is a beautiful book. Jan Brett's books have the best illustrations.

Running2Ks said...

OK, You stealthily tagged me (I almost missed that!). I'll post it tomorrow :)