Saturday, November 12, 2005

I've been tagged by a knitting meme

Jess tagged me, and I now become part of the tag team....

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with?

Hmmm... I guess I don't really have a favorite - sometimes it is the one I am knitting -- probably a better question would be what yarn I DON'T like - I just tried knitting with a chenille yarn that was some stash that someone had donated and I couldn't get it to look right.
don't really like the novelty yarns.

I do like Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock as Jess does.
Wool-Ease is pleasant also. No yarn snob am I....

The worst thing you've ever knit?
If it is bad, I rip it out and take it out of its misery.
Each and every project is a learning experience. If I have knit a "worst thing", I haven't gotten there yet. But you will know when I do it.

Most valuable knitting technique?
I just learned a different cast on that makes my work a little quicker at the beginning.

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
I noticed Jess likes Madli - I guess I need to get to a higher level of knit wisdom since I tried it several times... I am assuming she is referring to the Madli shawl - I will get back to it sometime.
I enjoyed the challenge of the Branching out scarf from Knitty.com. I loved the way it turned out. It now lives in Ireland with Kate..

Best knit book or magazine?
Of all the ones I have received in the mail, I do like Creative Knitting magazine. It's mainline, it really isn't cutting edge in the knitting world, but it speaks my language. It also makes me feel good when it says that a pattern is intermediate to advanced, that I could really do it -- other magazines, when it says it is advanced, it means it - and it "ain't" in my ballpark.
As one member of my church said, as in reference to my literary tastes.... oh you have such plebeian taste.... YUP, I do... but I like it.

Favorite Book?
Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book has to be in there for its value in being a reference. I am also charmed by: 50 Baby Bootees to Knit - who can resist those cute cute bootees?

If you look at my knitting books though, I guess my absolute favorite favorite favorite book right now is:

Folk Shawls: 25 Knitting Patterns and Tales from Around the World - I don't think there is a shawl in there that I don't like.

Your favorite knitwear designer?

Oh... I am not there yet... I do know that Nancy Bush does create interesting sock patterns.

Your favorite knit blogs?
Well, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Harlot, but I will share a few that are lesser known...
Mason Dixon Knitting
Sandy Knits Just delightful

On the zanier more bizarre side:
http://electricbiscuitonline.blogspot.com/

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
I haven't gotten there yet. I think I am failing this meme.... I did wear one sock for a couple of hours since I haven't completed a set once. I was quite proud of the fact I completed one. My husband didn't understand that one, but neither did I.

HMMMM... Who should I tag?
How about Ellen, Emily, and Sandy and Stephanie Sits and Knits and Tina (last two are newest members of the Blog ring "Knitting Episcopalians" -- are there any other knitters who are Episcopalian that would like to join this ring?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Cathy,

More meme fun!

I consider myself tagged. Don't think I'll have writer's block on this one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following through!!