Sunday, May 21, 2006

Baby Blanket

Dear Abby,
I have finally completed your blanket - I know it took longer than the others, but there is a reason for that. I finished your blanket one time before. It was ALMOST identical to the one here. However, when I finished, I tried to put a crochet edge on it and I was not happy. I tried to reason with myself, that taking it out completely was irrational and would delay the delivery to you. But heart in my heart, I could not give the blanket created previously. So, it vanished... into... balls.... of... yarn..... never to be seen again by man, woman, or child.
The process began again... this time with a border built into the blanket. A simple garter stitch will keep me from having to crochet cure the frustration of a curled edge - the blanket that didn't quite look finished.
So... the blanket is a little longer... to make up for the fact you didn't get to use it in the first 3 months of your life. And.... considering the weather we are having, it may be November before you can use it to keep you warm. However, it sure will look pretty in the lavender room of your Meme's house.
So, Abby, just remember, it's been knitted twice, so double the love in each and every stitch.


For you knitters, the blanket is from Knit Along with Debbie Macomber - The Shop on Blossom Street (Leisure Arts #4132) - the pattern is "A lesson on Color" I used size 7 circulars using Babysoft yarn by Lion Brand.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blooming this morning in my yard was this...

Didn't check the name of the daylily.......

1 comment:

Norma said...

Abby is such a lucky little girl--and you even made it a bit bigger. I just love your projects and am so envious, not of just your skill but the recepients.

Thanks for organizing the walk. I'm keep up with my promise.